Monday, March 03, 2008

Focus

So by Sunday night I felt like I got some focus back. I was starting to feel really down about nothing particular but about everything particular. It was like I couldn't shake it. I work constantly, off to Tarboro each day, and then prepration for Sunday on Saturday's and church on Sunday. So by this Saturday I was just exhausted! Christie finally made me take a nap and all I got to say is that I believe naps are key to true focus.

Sunday we had a great service and great owner's meeting. And today I had a great meeting at Raleigh with the EVP's and CEO. Then the CEO, JP Sakey (a master genius in staffing, used to be chairman for monster) took Suzanne, Paulette, and myself to lunch to the Capital Club, downtown Raleigh. When I went through church planting assessment one of the things they said I need to work on was assertiveness. It's crazy how God decides he wants you to learn things. Working in Corporate America is teaching me assertiveness and my boss is a great teacher (although I could pass on being kicked under the table during meetings!)

I'm really excited this month at realHope. We are beginning to plan out small groups and hope to have 2-3 groups going this Spring. Next Monday we have a 'guys' night out at a local joint, kick back play some pool, and just hang out together. Christie's got a 'ladies' craft night at the end of the month. We are also planning a Good Friday service and of course Easter (Jessica will be back to led worship).

Also, we have an owner's work day plan before Easter to get some things spruced up. Most exciting the kid that held up my mom a couple weeks ago in the church parking lot will be there to help us out. We got put in charge of his community service hours and it really is just an amazing story that comes out of realHope.

So all this stuff has been going on but honestly I just felt so tired I don't think I could focus and even enjoy the good stuff. We are planning to go to Georgia the first weekend in April for some R&R. In the meantime, I going to try some more of those naps because they really help!

0 comments: