Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Time Management

I listen to a really good talk by Tyler at Vintage 21 on reverse engineering. It was a challenging talk about time managment and how you decide to spend your time and resources for the Kingdom. I realized, really this just confirm what I was feeling, but I needed to really take control of my time. There are a lot of things and people who could monolopize my time without me even realizing it or them even meaning to do so. So I sat down the other day and begin mapping out my days:

6:30-8 Commute to work which is time for message prep and time with God.
8-8:30 Prioritize my day, respond to high priorty emails and items, walk the recruitment floor, complete morning reporting, check my calendar for the day's meetings.
8:30-9 Mondays- Operations meetings, Tuesday - Check in with the boss, Wed - Team lead individual meetings, Thurs - Team Wrap Up Meeting, Friday - Plan Monday's Op meeting
9:30 - 10:30 Marketing & Business Development
10:30-1:30 HRC process & procedures
1:30-2 Follow up, check email and respond to high priority items, and walk the floor
2-4:30 Reporting and billing
4:30 - 5 Planning time, hold additonal meetings, plan next day, target next steps for recruitment center, outline meetings for next day, check the dang email again, and send updates out
5-6:30 Commute home, calls for headway, and call prospects for realHope
6:30-8 Family time!!!!!
8-8:30 Tues, Wed, Thurs - Message Prep, Friday - date night with Christie!
8:30-9:30 Blow off time
9:30-10 Reading and research, Saturdays, realHope Sunday prep

Saturdays are family day, and Sundays obviously are filled with realHope. I felt like the past few weeks I've been meeting myself coming and going and had to take control of my time and resources. I look at all I do above and think, geez know wonder I feel so tired! So, I'm off to bed, to begin a new day!

0 comments: