Friday, October 05, 2007

On Southwest

So I’m on my way to San Francisco, California, and it’s a long flight. So I thought this would be a good opportunity to update you all on things that have been going on lately.

I’m going to San Francisco to recruit people for jobs. This was a last minute trip decided on Wednesday because we had somewhat of a crisis on a current project. And so I was asked to make this trip to provide the leadership needed. My boss has call me her ‘star performer’ which I have to admit is always nice for the ego…however big responsibility and sacrifice seems to follow it.

I’d prefer not to travel and be gone for another week from Christie and Luke. They both are very strong and supportive when I’m gone. But today before I left I got to play with Luke and his balloon and well it’s those moments that make it really hard to go do your job.

And this is the first time I’ve flown Southwest and wow I’ve never seen people herd to the gate to get their preferred seat like that before. Lucky me got a window seat with no one beside me!

0 comments: